POSITION: Lube/Tire Tech
REPORTS TO: Shop Manager/Shop Foreman
HOURS: Full-Time Monday thru Friday No Weekend Hours Required
CONTACT: Douglas McAllister, President 815.356.0440 or [email protected]
Self-motivated, energetic, experienced, mature Tire Technician welcomed to join our team for top pay. Candidates must be a team player with good attitude and genuine concern for the customers safety and vehicle cleanliness. As a leading automotive service center in the area, tire service technicians play a major role in the success of our company. Continuous technical training conducted throughout the year.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- As part of the Douglas Automotive team, maintain cooperative, friendly working environment
- Properly install new tires and wheels
- Complete full-service oil changes
- Conduct light mechanical tasks
- Perform thorough maintenance on tires, including rotations, balancing, and repairs
- Participate in training, follow safety procedures, job duties and company policies
- Assist with basic maintenance and cleaning
- Ensure exceptional customer experience by performing quality control inspection process
- As a professional in the industry, be dedicated and reliable
- Be willing to be part of a team and have a positive outlook
- Function well in a physically demanding environment
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Good customer service skills
- Basic tire repair knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read/write English
- Basic computer proficiency
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
- No weekend hours required
- Scan tools provided
- Employee discount on parts
- 401k available with company match
- Insurance available for employee and family
- Ongoing technical training provided
- Paid Holidays
Formal career development is always encouraged with reimbursement available for successfully completing courses/certifications within the automotive industry.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are quired of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Douglas Automotive is an Equal employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Pre employment drug screening required.